I want to extend an invitation for you to be a member of the Smith County Chamber of Commerce. It is the only organization in Smith County that is consistently and exclusively engaged in promoting the civic and economic development of YOUR COMMUNITY. Business, industry, tourism and community development all play such an important role in our county’s economic development. The support of all business and professional persons is necessary to bring about economic improvement as well as civic and business development of our area.
The Smith County Chamber of Commerce has many exclusive member benefits. Please see below the “Top 10 Reasons to Join the Chamber” for additional information. We have incorporated many new exciting opportunities for the chamber members. The Chamber also offers chamber members a discount to The Smith County Wellness Center. Many insurance companies offer discounts to businesses and their employees that have a wellness initiative in place.
Once again, thank you for your consideration for membership in the Smith County Chamber of Commerce. We extend an invitation for you to unite with us in the efforts to continuously and actively build a thriving community in Smith County. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.
Billy M. Woodard
Billy M. Woodard
Smith County Chamber of Commerce
Top Ten Reason to Join the Chamber
Join the Smith County Chamber of Commerce and let us help your business succeed with benefits that range from assistance with ribbon-cutting ceremonies to networking opportunities. Take advantage of the strength of an organization with members dedicated to a strong local economy. It begins with your membership in the Smith County Chamber of Commerce.
Membership is open to any individual, business, civic organization or group sharing the common goal of making Smith County a better place to live, work and play.
- Gain enhanced credibility and corporate identity: Chamber membership shows your commitment and loyalty to the Smith County community. As a member, you receive recognition for participating in an organization considered to be the backbone of the business community.
- Create Visibility: Visibility is crucial to effective marketing and as Chamber members you are offered FREE publicity. Member’s businesses are promoted on the Chamber’s Web Site business directory giving members FREE worldwide exposure with the site averaging 2,500 hits per month. In addition to the website our members have the opportunity to advertise their special events, sales, and promotions FREE in our newsletter – The Smith County Chamber Connection which is emailed to over 700 individuals in Smith and the surrounding counties. Member’s upcoming events, sales and specials are promoted FREE and have the opportunity to appear on the one hour DTC Channel 3 television program, Smith County Chamber Corner, which is aired four times a week in DeKalb, Cannon and Smith counties with 2,400 plus viewers. New chamber members are featured in the Carthage Courier with a photo and article. We promote chamber members activities, sales and promotions on our Face Book page. Members also have exposure to hundreds of business people at Chamber programs, and events through advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Acquire referrals: Every day the Chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and we recommend only Chamber members. Referrals are an easy way for us to market your company. We also feature Chamber member’s business cards, flyers, and pamphlets in our office for the many individuals that stop by inquiring about places to visit, eat, and shop.
- Participate in the economic development of Smith County: As a member of the Chamber, you are an investor in the economic growth of our community. When the Chamber assists companies locating here or those expanding their business locally, it means more jobs and more customers for you.
- Have a voice in local, state and federal government on business issues. The Chamber is at work for you as an advocate of business performance.
- Obtain more business skills: Information-packed meetings, seminars, issue forums and workshops will be designed for improved business performance. Receive professional one-on-one counseling for existing and start up small businesses. Whether the counseling is in the area of social media, marketing, operations, management, or any other business service, the TSBDC consultant through the Smith County Chamber provides guidance every step of the way. “Your Success is our Business”
- Receive valuable business contacts and expand networking opportunities: Meet with fellow members at upcoming events and meetings scheduled just for chamber members.
- Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening/Ground Breaking: These ceremonies which increase the visibility of new or expanding businesses are provided to Chamber members only. New members are featured in local media, chamber website, newsletter and Face Book providing FREE immediate exposure.
- Improve your bottom line: Most companies can claim a major portion of their annual Chamber investment as a tax-deductible business expense.
- Give back to the community: the Chamber of Commerce gives its members opportunities to be a part of the present and future success of our county. Regardless of how involved you become, you will receive unequaled opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Our community minded goals are realistic, timely, and bold and promote a spirit of teamwork and enthusiasm. The opportunity to give back to Smith County is yours through the programs and committees of the Chamber of Commerce.